Review

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - No Spoiler Review | The title goes against everything I believe but..

June 19, 2015

Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary
Publication Date: January 2nd 2012
Format Read: Ebook
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Rating: ★★★★.5

Four minutes changes everything. Hadley Sullivan 17 misses her flight at JFK airport, is late to her father's second wedding in London with never-met stepmother. Hadley meets the perfect boy. Oliver is British, sits in her row. A long night on the plane passes in a blink, but the two lose track in arrival chaos. Can fate bring them together again?




Before I start this review, I want to say that I absolutely HATE Insta-love, and there is none of that crap in this book. The two actually get to know each other.

I really liked Hadley. She was practical and sensible and knew how to deal with her problems. She didn't do the annoying Insta-love thing that a lot of people in YA do. The fact that she was claustrophobic and she didn't try to take advantage of her weakness (does that make sense?) was something I liked. Also, she reads and you can never pass up a reader!

Oliver is so sweet! When that irritating lady wouldn't look after her bag for one second and he offered to help, I knew I liked him. He was so cute with his British accent and kindness and funny comments. He's like the perfect guy but 10 times more perfect. His book references were cute and his dialogue was so easy to read.

I really like Hadley's dad. He's really kind and I don't think he meant to hurt her when he left and that he only did it out of love. I liked that he gave her that special book with highlights and all. So sweet.

This book is not just about the romantic kind of love, but love for your family and friends too. It's a real eye-opener. I definitely think you should check this book out.
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lovely review, Rekha! I actually read this one in April and I think I gave it 3 stars. It took me three books to finally decide I'm just not a big fan of Jennifer E. Smith. I really liked Oliver a lot but unfortunately I didn't connect as much with Hadley. I'm so glad this one worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Jennifer's writing! It's just so quick to read. I don't know why I connected with her characters so much. I guess not everything's for everyone :/ but there's tons of other great authors out there to discover! :D

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D