Weekly

I sat down and turned pages | Top 5 Wednesday

June 17, 2015

Hey Guys! Today I'll be sharing with you the Top 5 books I read in one sitting.
Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey @ gingerreadslainey
Complete list of Wednesday-ers


5. Title: The One 

Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection #3
Genre: YA Dystopian
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis of Book 1: 
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

4. Title: The Summer I Turned Pretty

Author: Jenny Han
Series: The Summer I Turned Pretty #1
Genre: YA Contemporary
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis:
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.


3. Title: Cinder

Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #1
Genre: YA Sci-Fi Fantasy
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis:
Cinder, a gifted mechanic in New Beijing, is also a cyborg. She's reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's sudden illness. But when her life becomes entwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she finds herself at the centre of a violent struggle between the desires of an evil queen - and a dangerous temptation.





2. Title: Royal Wedding

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: The Princess Diaries #11
Genre: YA Contemporary
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis of book 1:
Mia Thermopolis is pretty sure there's nothing worse than being a five-foor-nine, flat-chested freshman, who also happens to be flunking Algebra.

Is she ever in for a surprise.

First Mom announces that she's dating Mia's Algebra teacher. Then Dad has to go and reveal that he is the crown prince of Genovia. And guess who still doesn't have a date for the Cultural Diversity Dance?
 


1. Title: Fangirl

Author: Rainbow Rowell
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis: 
Cath is a Simon Snow fan.
Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan...

But for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving. Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to. Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words... And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.
For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories? And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. I really, really need to read Cinder. I bought it ages ago and still haven't got round to it! Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do need to read Cinder! it's amazing! Thanks :D

      Delete
  2. What a great list! If it wasn't for school, I would have also read Fangirl in one sitting! If you'd like to check out my list, here's the link. xoxo

    https://josiethebookworm.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/books-i-read-in-one-sitting-or-close-to-top-five-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know the feeling. School always gets in the way of reading... I'll check yours out! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Fangirl is one of my favourites! I read it in a week because of school but I reread it in a day ! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list! I've been wanting to read Cinder and some of Jenny Han's stuff for a while now and this makes me more excited to do so :D hopefully I can get my hands on some copies SOON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to read both, ESPECIALLY CINDER! You will not regret! Let me know when you read them! I love discussing books. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  5. Almost all of the books you picked are on my TBR. Gives me more encouragement to read them. Great list and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks of much! You should definitely read some of those book *cough*CINDER*cough* *cough*FANGIRL*cough* Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  6. Fangirl is one of my favorites! I would've read it in one sitting but I was super busy at the time. I really need to read royal wedding; I love the Princess Diaries series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to read The Royal Wedding! It's amazing! I really love the Princess Diaries and Fangirl as well! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  7. Cinder - YES!!! Loved it and totally flew through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Flew through it is the understatement of the century! One of the best books ever! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  8. LOVED Fangirl, but my classes prevented me from reading it all in one go :( Aaaaand all of the other books you listed have been on my TBR forever omg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAVE TO READ CINDER!! It's amazing! And that seems to be the case with a lot of people with fangirl but I read it on New Year's Day... everyone was celebrating and I was reading, YAY! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!

      Delete
  9. I think I read Cinder in one sitting too . Did not think about that until seeing your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wouldn't be surprised! It's so addicting! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  10. Fangirl in one sitting?! I hope I do the same when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You most probably will.. it's so addicting! Thanks for stopping by and happy Reading :D

      Delete
  11. Yay for Fangirl and The One! Cinder went slower for me, but I devoured Scarlet. The others you listed also sound good. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird, for me Cinder went the fastest but I still adored Scarlet and Cress. You should definitely check out the Summer trilogy because it's so quick! And I loved Fangirl and The One! The One is my favourite in the series. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  12. I loved Fangirl! I'd have read it in one sitting too if I could have. I'm curious about Cinder and The Summer I Turned Pretty, I'll have to bump them up on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Fangirl was so good! You should definitely bump them up your Wishlist, especially Cinder! Thanks for stopping by an Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  13. Hi Rekha - Wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blogger award. (It's basically a tag, as I just learned - it's not spam, I swear LOL) Here's a link to the post so you can join in if you'd like: http://girlplusbooks.blogspot.com/2015/06/beautiful-blogger-award.html 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygod! Thank you SO much! I'll definitely check it out! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    2. You're so welcome! I really enjoy your blog. :) Is there a way to subscribe? I looked for a subscription option (email or bloglovin) but couldn't find anything. I'd love to subscribe so I don't miss any posts. :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I just joined Bloglovin. The gadget is on the top of my blog. Had no idea what it was until you mentioned it... Thanks again! I followed you. BTW, did you design your blog or was it already and template because it looks So cool!

      Delete
    4. Now I see it! Just followed you via bloglovin. Yea! :) Thanks for the compliment! It's just a Blogspot template. It caught my eye because I liked the swirls and I love purple. I *wish* I was smart/creative enough to do that myself! :)

      Delete
    5. Haha i wouldn't be surprised if you are! Thank you so much for following me :D

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D