Weekly

Books I have made into divine shrines | Top 5 Wednesday

June 03, 2015

Hey Guys! Today I'll be sharing with you the top 5 books I've reading this year (so far)
Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey @ gingerreadslainey




5. The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani 

I found out about this book through a random search. At first, I was intrigued by the cover but then, I read the synopsis and I HAD to have it. I brought it and started it the very day. Yes, I gave it four stars on Goodreads but it was one of my favourites. 

Two girls - Sophie and Agatha. Sophie is perfect for the School for Good. she has the perfect hair, skin, clothes, body and looks like a princess! And then there's Agatha, who doesn't like to smile, dress-up or groom herself in any way. Perfect for the School for Evil. Or so it seems. 

Sophie ends up on the Evil side and Agatha on the good. Both of them are confused, especially Sophie. Can they get through it?

The writing is not the best, but the story and characters are so captivating. I cannot wait for the third and final book in this trilogy to come out this summer!



4. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

I thought this book was going to be a goofy love story but it is so much more than that. 

It was Sloane who yanked Emily out of her shell and made life 100% interesting. But right before what should have been the most epic summer, Sloane just…disappears. All she leaves behind is a to-do list.

On it, thirteen Sloane-inspired tasks that Emily would normally never try. But what if they could bring her best friend back?

It was Highly entertaining and it was also quite funny. 





3. After by Anna Todd

When I started reading the book, I was so ready to hate it. It was initially a One Direction fan fiction which seemed silly to me. A friend was gushing on and on about it so I decided to give it a go and I ended up reading the whole series in a week.

Tessa is a good girl with a sweet, reliable boyfriend back home. She’s got direction, ambition, and a mother who’s intent on keeping her that way. 

But she’s barely moved into her freshman dorm when she runs into Hardin. With his tousled brown hair, cocky British accent, tattoos, and lip ring, Hardin is cute and different from what she’s used to. 





4. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Amazing. The only word I have to describe this book is Amazing. Amazing multiplied by 1000000000000000000000....

Eleanor... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.
Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.





1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Especially Cinder

I know... I know.. I'm cheating by using a whole series but I cannot help it! If you've read this series you know what I mean! SCI-FI FAIRYTALE RETELLINGS! HOW CAN YOU NOT?

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.  

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

- Rekha


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Awesome list, Rekha! I totally agree with Eleanor & Park. Everyone raves about Fangirl but E&P remains my favorite (that and Attachments). I've yet to read anything by Morgan Matson but hear incredible things. After... eh, I had a kind of love/hate relationship with the whole series. But as many problems as I had with it, I still could hardly put it down. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Rainbow Rowell! I haven't read Attachments yet but I have read the other books! You should pick up a Morgan Matson book soon! I recommend Since You've Been Gone, prone of her books under the name "Katie Finn." I hated After at first but, as you said, I could not put it down! I understand the love/hate relationship. :)

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D