Top Ten Tuesday

Summer makes me book-thirsty | Top Ten Tuesday

June 16, 2015

Hey Guys! Today, I'll be sharing with you the Top 10 books on my Summer TBR list!  Top 10 Tuesday was created by the Broke and the Bookish





The season doesn't really influence my reading. I just read whatever I'm excited for!

10. Title: The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things
Author: Ann Aguire
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary

I really want to read a nice, cute contemporary novel and this sounds perfect! The cover is also gorgeous! I cannot wait to dive into this book!





9. Title: Tiny Pretty Things
Authors: Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary

This is about competitive girls in a competitive ballerina school. I mean, how can you not? Again, the cover is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! The plot sounds very interesting and I've wanted to read a book set in a school for a while now.


8. Title: Entwined
Authors: Heather Dixon
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Fairy Tale Retelling

This is a retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses. More ballerina, more gorgeous cover-ness, more anticipations for an absolutely amazing read!





7. Title: Dream a Little Dream
Authors: Kerstin Gier
Series: The Silver Trilogy #1
Genre: YA Fairy Tale Retelling

I really enjoyed Kerstin Gier's Ruby Red trilogy and this one sounds just as interesting. More gorgeous cover-ness and anticipation! I might get to this one very soon!



6. Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Authors: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #1
Genre: YA Fairy Tale Retelling

This is a retelling of Beauty and the  Beast, except with fairies and other magical creatures. I loved Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass series (at least what I've read of it so far) and her writing is really captivating! I can't wait!




5. Title: Charmed
Authors: Michelle Krys
Series: Witch Hunters #2
Genre: YA Fantasy

I read the first book in this series, Hexed, a couple of months ago and I want to find out what happens next as the ending was... not exactly satisfying.




4. Title: Invaded
Authors: Melissa Landers
Series: Alienated #2
Genre: YA Sci-Fi

I read Alienated earlier this year and I absolutely loved it! I want to get caught up on this series. I need to find out what happens next ASAP!





3. Title: Everneath
Authors: Brodi Ashton
Series: Everneath #1
Genre: YA Paranormal

The plot seems really interesting and I've been wanting to read this book for ages but I just never got around to it.





2. Title: Everything That Makes You
Authors: Moriah McStay
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary

This book is about a girl who lives two lives. In one of them, she has a perfect life with a sweet boyfriend and everything, but in the other one, she has a nasty scar which changes everything. How interesting does that sound???




1. Title: Winterspell
Authors: Claire Legrand
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Fantasy

I haven't read a good fantasy standalone in forever! This book sounds very interesting and isn't going to be turned into a series as far as I know. Plus, that cover! G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!




PLEASE comment down below and let me know what your top ten picks are! I'm curious!
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I just finished A Court of Thorns and Roses a week ago and it started out a tad slow for me. Thank heavens it picked up. It was my first Sarah J. Maas book and I had such high hopes for it. I love the covers for Dream a Little Dream and Winterspell. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read A Court of Thorns and Roses! Sarah J. Maas's books take me FOREVER to read but I always end up loving them. I agree about the covers...most of the covers are amazing! Thanks and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  2. I also want to read the Queen of Bright and Shiny Things and Winterspell at some point! I love love loved ACOTAR and Entwined, so I hope you do as well :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I enjoy ACOTAR and Entwined and the others too! Thanks and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  3. ACOTAR and Everneath are also on my tbr :) they look amazing so I can't wait to finally pick them up! Happy reading

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/review-shadow-study-soulfinders-1-study.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So excited! Thanks, and I'll definitely check out your posts!

      Delete
  4. So many awesome books on your list, I don't even know which one to highlight haha. I'm so very excited for Dream a Little Dream because I loved loved loved the Ruby Red trilogy. Also, I love Ann Aguirre's novels a lot so I can't wait to read TQoB&ST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Ruby Red too! I haven't read any Ann Aguirre but I've heard great things! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  5. I have The Queen of Bright And Shiny Things as well! I'm hoping to read it soon. I really liked ACOTAR and Tiny Pretty Things, so hopefully you feel the same. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I enjoy ACOTAR since I loved the Throne of Glass series. Thanks, and hoary reading :D

      Delete
  6. I REALLY have to read A Court of Thorns and Roses and Invaded this summer. Seriously, I cannot put it off any longer. I have heard so much hype about both books, which kind of intimidates me and causes me to shrink away from a book. But, they are now unavoidable and now I actually have time to read them.
    I hope you enjoy all of these books this summer!
    Tessa @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I always pick up ACOTAR but then I out it down again. I am determined to read it this summer. Thanks and Happy Reading :D
      P.S I love your profile picture! TID forever!

      Delete
  7. Lots of great-looking books here. I haven't read any of them, but many are on my TBR pile. So many books, so little time ...

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel We reader need a whole new special device that stops time so we can read without any worries! Thanks for stopping by and happy reading :D

      Delete
  8. Everything That Makes You and The Queen of Bright & Shiny Things are both wonderful! I wasn't a huge fan of Tiny Pretty Things, but I'm not a huge fan of major drama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love major drama! Keeps me excited! I'm so excited to read Everything That Makes You and Queen of Bright and Shiny things1 I think I'm going to get to them sooner rather than later as many people have been recommending it. Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  9. You have sooo many great books on your Summer TBR! Dream A little Dream and A court of thorn and Roses are both Amazing! Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have a great summer ahead of me! I can't wait to read all of the books. Thanks and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  10. You have sooo many great books on your Summer TBR! Dream A little Dream and A court of thorn and Roses are both Amazing! Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I don't know why I left A Court of Thorns and Roses off of my list! I really want to hav eit read by the end of the summer. Tiny Pretty Things and Everything that Makes You sound wonderful! Great list! Thanks for stopping by Michelle's Minions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem! I can't wait to read all three books, especially ACOTAR! I'm really excited! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  12. Oh, I don't know why I left A Court of Thorns and Roses off of my list! I really want to hav eit read by the end of the summer. Tiny Pretty Things and Everything that Makes You sound wonderful! Great list! Thanks for stopping by Michelle's Minions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And everyone's been saying that about ACOTAR. Happy Reading :D

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D