Review

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver - No-Spoiler Review | Everything is a mystery

June 07, 2015

Title: Vanishing Girls
Author: Lauren Oliver
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary/Mystery
Publication Date: March 10th 2015
Format Read: Ebook
Publisher: HarperCollins
Rating: ★★★★☆

Synopsis
Dara and Nick used to be inseparable, but that was before the accident that left Dara's beautiful face scarred and the two sisters totally estranged. When Dara vanishes on her birthday, Nick thinks Dara is just playing around. But another girl, nine-year-old Madeline Snow, has vanished, too, and Nick becomes increasingly convinced that the two disappearances are linked. Now Nick has to find her sister, before it's too late.
In this edgy and compelling novel, Lauren Oliver creates a world of intrigue, loss, and suspicion as two sisters search to find themselves, and each other.

I really do not want to give away much during this review. This is a contemporary/mystery book which really keeps you clueless for most of the book. Therefore, I do not want to ruin the book by giving a really detailed review.

I really enjoyed this book. It was very entertaining and kept me interesting as the mystery was really intense. I really wanted to find out the solution. The only problem I had with this book was that it went too fast. Most of it keeps us out of the loop and the whole thing is revealed in the last few pages. That was the only disappointment. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves reading the darker contemporary novels.
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I had a hard time getting into this one and put it down for a bit. I love Lauren Oliver and will pick it up to try again later, but guess it just wasn't the right time for me to read it. Glad that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it again! I was't a huge fan of it at the beginning but I just kept going because Lauren Oliver's book always get to me! I really liked it by the end, but the slow beginning was a bummer. Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D