Review

Correlation by Mia Grace - No Spoiler Review | For the first time, time travel didn't confuse the crap out of me

July 18, 2015

Title: Correlation
Author: Mia Grace
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Sci-Fi Time Travel
Publication Date: November 2013
Format Read: Netgalley E-Arc
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing
Rating: ★★★★★
**I would like to thank Netgalley for providing me with an E-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review**
Synopsis:
When the past and the present collide… Hailey Kent knows how she wants to spend the summer before her junior year in high school: hanging out at the pool with Jenna, her BFF; riding her new trail bike on Vermont’s country roads; and flirting with Jenna’s hot older brother, Cody.  Hailey’s plans are shattered when a post-graduation accident puts her brother into a coma. Feeling guilty for not stopping him from going out that night, she seeks solace in exploring an old house and its overgrown gardens. A mysterious correlation of events propels her back in time to the Vietnam War era, where she realizes she can use her knowledge of one boy’s fate to save his life. But first, Hailey needs to convince him of her sanity.

I adored this book. The writing style was great, the story was one of the most intriguing ones I've ever read and the characters were amazing.

Hailey Kent was such a great character. She was so grateful for everything she had, even though she had to give up so much for her perfect brother. She had a passion, and she was willing to pursue it, no matter what she had to sacrifice. I liked her personality, it was very genuinely polite. She was a great friend to Jenna, and she didn't once blame her parents for giving her brother all the attention. I admired that she was able to keep so many feelings inside of her without bursting.

I don't think the book was really focused on any other characters. The next most important character that wouldn't spoil the book for you was Jenna, and even she wasn't prominent enough for me to form a strong opinion on her. All I could gather was that she has an incredibly vivid imagination and she was a very determined person.

 The thing I enjoyed most about this story was the time travel aspect. The way the time-travel happens, the reason the time travel happens and how and when Hailey finds out that the time-travel did happen came together to make an incredibly interesting story which I immensely enjoyed. The writing was incredibly fast paced and very easy to read and that just made it better. The best thing abut this book is that for once, a YA book was not focused on the romance. I really loved that! 

As I said in the beginning, I adored this book and I don't really have anything negative to say about it. 

-Rekha

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wonderful review, Rekha! The synopsis is so intriguing - I really love books with a time-travel element. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya! I never really liked time-travel before I read this book. You should definitely get to this book some time soon.

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D