Weekly

Books that don't care if you're a panda or a raccoon | Top Ten Tuesday

July 21, 2015

Hey Guys! Today, I'll be sharing with you the Top 10 Books that Celebrate Diversity Top 10 Tuesday was created by the Broke and the Bookish.  I only have 7 books on the list today, and I do not want to spoil anything so I will not be giving away anything about the books on the list.



Title: Afterworlds
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary








Title: Every Day
Author: David Levithan
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary







Title: To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Author: Jenny Han
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary








Title: Tiny Pretty Things
Author: Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary







Title: Eleanor and Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary









Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #2
Genre: YA Contemporary







Title: The Mortal Instruments
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #1-6
Genre: YA Fantasy








-Rekha

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. A lot of these books made my list too! The Mortal Instruments and Everyday are the jackpot for diverse characters. They are so unique and different and really pull off the diversity that the YA community desperately needs. I hope you can add many more diverse books to this list soon! My suggestion is Flowers for Algernon by David Keyes. It is an old book, but it is basically the start of speculative sci-fi about humans messing with brains. The main character has severe mental disabilities and it is inspiring to see the world through his eyes.
    -Tessa @ Crazy for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with TMI and Every Day. I will definitely check it out, it sounds like an insightful book.

      Delete
  2. Love the The Mortal Instruments so much! Such a great world and all the characters are so diverse. I liked Eleanor and Park too. It is definitely not my favorite Rainbow Rowell book. But, I still enjoyed it! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally agree about TMI, so diverse! And what is your favourite Rainbow Rowell book?

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D