Weekly

Everyone and their mother has read this but me | Top Ten Tuesday

July 07, 2015

Hey Guys! Today, I'll be sharing with you the Top 10 Hyped books I've Never Read. Top 10 Tuesday was created by the Broke and the Bookish


10. Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Series: The Maze Runner #1
Genre: YA Dystopian

Everyone and their mother has read this book and raved about it and watched the movie and raved about it and I am just way too hesitant to ever pick it up so I probably will not ever pick this up because of the hype.




9. Title: An Ember In The Ashes
Author: Sabaa Tahir
Series: An Ember In The Ashes #1
Genre: YA Dystopian

This just recently got extremely hyped up. It was the book of the month for some book club and then everyone read it and loved it and talked about and I just sat there on my couch binge-watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix.



8. Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #1
Genre: YA Fantasy

I don't even think this has to be explained. I feel so horrible. I really want to read it but I don't like fairy stories and also, it's so intimidating!





7. Title: Angelfall
Author: Susan Ee
Series: Angelfall #1
Genre: YA Dystopian

I really really want to read this series. It sounds extremely interesting and they are so cheap on Amazon so I'm probably going to get them and read them pretty soon.





6. Title: Mistborn: The Final Empire
Author: Brandon Sanderson
Series: Mistborn #1
Genre: YA High Fantasy

High Fantasy + 1000009797839999 pages per book = hella intimidating so I don't know if I'll ever get around to reading this supposedly incredible and super long series.




5. Title: The Raven Boys
Author: Maggie Stievater
Series: The Raven Boys #1
Genre: YA Fantasy

Tell me how horrible I am after reading this part of the synopsis:
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

4. Title: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Author: Stephen Chbosky
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Contemporary

I really do not want to read this book.... I don't know why but I just don't want to read it... maybe because it sounds depressing.





3. Title: Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Author: Laini Taylor
Series: Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1
Genre: YA Fantasy

More High Fantasy. More intimidation. More reason to procrastinate. 





2. Title: Falling Kingdoms
Author: Morgan Rhodes
Series: Falling Kingdoms #1
Genre: YA Fantasy

More High Fantasy. More intimidation. More reason to procrastinate. Yeah, I procrastinate a LOT!





2. Title: The Book Thief
Author: Marcus Zuzak
Standalone Novel
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction? I don't know the genre.

I know, I know, I am such a horrible person. *cries*






I'd love to see your list so please leave it in the comments down below!
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Great Post Rekha, it so happens most of the books on your list are on my TBR list. I hope you are a never say never kind of person . You should try one or two out. Thank you for stopping by the blog earlier��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably read most of the books on the list except for perks of being a wallflower. No problem, and thank you for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. You have some amazing books on your list! Some of my all-time favorites! Daughter of Smoke and Bone, The Book Thief and Mistborn are all incredible. I still need to read Falling Kingdoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read all of them. I owned The Book Thief but I lent it out and never got it back. I don't own DoS&B and Mistborn but they're so huge and intimidating and high fantasy so It'll probably a while before I get to them. Same deal with Falling Kingdoms. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading :D

      Delete
  3. I would love to read a few of these but where do we ever find the time? The great books just keep coming, and I feel like I'm being buried in them and can't keep up. It's anarchy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So many books, so little time!

      Delete
  4. I feel like The Perks of Being A Wallflower might be one of those books you have to read at a certain point in your life. Maybe it's just not the right moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a lot of people say that but based on the synopsis and the amazon excerpt, I don't think I'll enjoy it and I don't really want to waste my time. I might give it a try though...

      Delete
  5. I'm so with you on some of these! I will say that I just caved on A Court of Thorns and Roses because I put a reserve on it at the library today. We shall see. Angelfall - my husband has read the first two and keeps telling me I would like them but for some reason... {shrugs} I read The Raven Boys. Was *not* impressed. I feel like everyone else must have read a different book than me. I have friends that LOVE the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy and I own all three books. But fantasy intimidates me and I feel like I'll be confused. (And who can blame you for binge-watching the Gilmore Girls - they're awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will eventually get to ACOTAR and Angelfall. I promise. I just need to find the right time and.. you know... actually buy the books. I've heard mixed things about The Raven Boys but I might just pick it up if I ever find it at bargain price. Otherwise, meh. I really want to read The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy but I don't even understand what it's about... really high fantasy! Talk about intimidating! (I agree with you on the intimidating part just so you know). YES! Finally someone who thinks Gilmore Girls is awesome :D

      Delete
    2. Hey Rekha - I don't know if you read Kindle books, but I just noticed that all three of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone books are on sale at Amazon right now. Only $1.99. Figured I would pass it on since we were just talking about them. :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, I do read Kindle books but I am not really interested in reading DoS&B at the moment and I don't really want to add on to my TBR pile but thanks so much for the message :D

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D