Review

Everealm by J.D.W - No Spoiler Review | How do I stop fangirling?

August 11, 2015

Title: Everealm
Author: J.D.W
Series: Everealm #1
Genre: YA Fantasy Romance
Publication Date: Octber 31st 2014
Format Read: E-Arc
Publisher: Smashwords Edition
Rating: ★★★★★
**The author me provided me with a free book via YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review**
Synopsis:
Breestlin cannot escape her destiny to become ruler of her father's kingdom, but she never planned to become queen at twenty-three years of age. Upon the return of her first love, Rowan, Bree must quickly learn how to adapt to both her new responsibilities as a ruler and her inability to suppress her feelings for Rowan. To make matters more difficult, her outcast uncle, Silas, will stop at nothing to get what he desires, putting lives and the kingdom in danger. Bree must seek the assistance of the wizard, Dagan, who in a twist of fate discovers much more about his family (and himself) than he could ever imagine in this steamy love story, full of mystery and romance...

First of all, that cover is gorgeous! The shade of green is so pretty! Second, that synopsis makes me want to jump in joy saying "YES ANOTHER BOOK WITH ROYALS AND SCANDALOUS ROMANCE!" Lastly, I really, really, really loved the book.

Plot:
I love books with royalty and scandalous romance. I just.. it's one of the only kinds of romance I actually enjoy reading about. I was expecting to fall in love with this book, and I did. For once, I actually want the story to be focused ONLY on the romance. I just need a whole book filled with those vivid, intense scenes with my new favourite ships! I just loved everything. The romance, the fantasy, the kingdom, the magic, the queen, the family dynamic, etc. This is my new favourite book of the year. (Sorry Selection.)

Everealm is full of twists and surprises. I was gaping half the time, but it was so good! I just sat there for three hours reading and when I finished it, I found out my whole family had eaten lunch without me because I was too busy reading. Oh well, some things are more important than others ;)

(This book had the best prologue in the history of prologues! I usually hate prologues, but this one I loved. It was so cute <3)

Characters and Romantic Couples:
Where do I begin?

Bree, our main character. I fell in love with her at the first sentence. I knew I was going to love  her ever since the prologue. The way she was craving for her first kiss not to be with a hairy old man made me laugh out loud. Bree was strong, dependable, a little childish even though she was queen (that's not a bad thing) and one of my favourite characters in this book. She even has an intresting name - Breestlin. 

Rowan is perfection. I wish he was real. *dramatic sigh of sadness* He was literally perfect. Was he a little bit of a coward? Yes, because it took way too long for him to confess his feelings for Bree. But other than that, he was literally perfect. He was brave, kind, understanding, smart, and the list goes on too long. I wish we had a whole book or a novella about him. (I hope the author reads this review and understands my need for more Rowan.)

Browan was my favourite couple in this book, my new OTP! Bree and Rowan were PERFECT for each other. Perfect Girl + Perfect Guy = PERFECT COUPLE! The whole first part of the book, I was PINING for a Browan moment. When it finally happened, I cried tears of joy. No, I am not kidding. I read that first Browan scene like 6 times before moving on. There were nowhere near enough Browan scenes. Hopefully, the next book has more. 

Sidonie was a great character. I didn't know if I could trust her at first, but she grew on me. She was a sidekick but she felt like such an important part of the story! She's kind and loyal just like Rowan. She could be Rowan's sister, they're so alike. 

Dagan was my favourite character! He was one of those has-a-shell-that's-not-hard-to-crack people and I loved that. Dagan was so strong, he was a wizard, he wasn't freaked out by crying girls and he made friends easily. I want him as my best friend :D 

Sidagan was also a very cute couple. There were more Sidagan scenes than Browan scenes, but I still loved reading them. They were really, really vivid but so cute! That...intimate scene in mid-air was just mind-blowing! The author has a VERY active imagination. I was constantly saying "awwwwwww) when Sidagan happened. I felt very needy after reading those scenes. #lonerforlife :/

Silas - grrrrr. I wanted to plunge a knife through him ever since I read his first chapter. Ugh. He was cruel,  heartless, soulless, idiotic and he took advantage of random women and was inappropriate with them even though he had a damn wife, Vicilla. I didn't like her either. She was a prostitute brat. They're perfect for each other. So heartless.

Dahlia just makes my blood boil. Ever since her first "encounter" with Rowan.. Ugh. She acts like such a pretty princess but she was a carbon copy of Silas. They could be family. (Haha I'm so funny. Not.)  Even if she does become good, I will never, ever, EVER forgive her.

Writing Style:
It was one of the best. J.D.W describes everything - and I mean EVERYTHING! I could see everything in my head, the Browan scenes and the Sidagan scenes (Especially. They were so intimatr and cute and I loved them), the palace, the characters and everything else. It was extremely easy to read this book. I didn't have any trouble at all. I devoured every single word.

Those romantic scenes were very descriptive.... no wonder I was craving for more. I wish I could make a 1000 page book filled with those scenes written by J.D.W appear out of thin air. *dramatic sigh* 

Overall:
I don't care what genre you like or dislike, just read this book. Please. And then we can spend all day talking about it together. Kapeesh? I recommend it to EVERYONE! Oh, and one more thing, if you are reading this and you are a TV show producer, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a TV show out of this. Please. I will be eternally grateful.

Quotes:
"The last woman told Rowan about the spot in the marketplace where she had met Dagan. Then asked Rowan if he could give Dagan a message from her. Before Rowan could refuse, the woman drew back her hand and slapped Rowan hard across the face, then walked away. He rubbed his sore jaw and stared after the crazy woman."

"Sidonie was wearing a dress, though, it was nothing like the one she arrived in. This was a beautiful gown with a full skirt, the colour of a bright blue sky, which made her tanned skin stand out, more than usual. Her dark brown hair was down, all of it now, with her braid taken out. She had an apple on her head and was walking across the room. Dagan wasn't sure why anyone would want to walk across the room with an apple on her head, but Sidonie was attempting just that. The apple dropped and Sarita let out a squeal, followed by laughter."

""Just look at them," Dagan said, thinking out loud. "We really are some incredible fools, you and me." Rowan took another swig of his ale, then sat the mug down and glanced over at Bree and Sidonie, sitting beside each other, lost in conversation, and completely ignoring Dagan and Rowan's existence."

""See something amusing?" Bree Asked, raising her brow. "You tried to find a spell to make your, umm... bosoms grow?" (Dagan) said, trying not to laugh. Bree's mouth dropped slightly. "Reading minds now, are you?" "Not exactly, but you really should be careful what you think about when you're near the mirror. It reflects many things, including some thoughts. It is a mirror, after all."
If you've read this book, I beg of you, tell me what you thought. I need people to talk to. This book needs to be read by more people.
-Rekha


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D