Weekly

The top authors who have sucked me into their evil scheme to destroy my feels - Top Ten Tuesday

August 11, 2015

Hey Guys! Today, I'll be sharing with you the Top 10 Most Read Authors. Top 10 Tuesday was created by the Broke and the Bookish.  This will be in order from most books read to least read.



Author: Enid Blyton
No. of Books Read: 50+
Examples: The Famous Five series (21 books), The Secret Seven series (15 books), The Malory Towers series (12 books), The St. Claire series (9 books), The Mystery Series (15 books), The Family Problems series (6 books) , Some random books here and there.

Yeah... You could say I'm obsessed with Enid Blyton. It's a shame she's dead, I would buy any books she wrote if she were alive. Her writing is just so fun and her stories are always unique. She is the author who got me into reading.

Author: Meg Cabot
No. of Books Read: 18
Examples: The Princess Diaries Series (11 books), The Abandon Trilogy (3 Books), The Mediator Series (3 books), The From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess series (1 book).

The Princess Diaries series was the first YA series I ever read. It was also the fifth series I ever read. I love Meg Cabot's writing, and I will read any other books she comes out with in the Princess diaries series. I plan on having a Meg-Cabot-binge-reading month by the end of next April. Can't wait!


Author: Rick Riordan
No. of Books Read: 15
Examples: The Percy Jackson series (5 books), The Heroes of Olympus series (5 books), The Demigod Diaries (1 book), The Demigod Files (1 book), The Kane Chronicles (3 books).

This author does not even need an explanation. It should be clear. If you haven't read Percy Jackson, what are you doing with your life?




Author: Richelle Mead
No. of Books Read: 12
Examples: The Vampire Academy series (6 books), The Bloodlines series (6 books).

After Vampire Academy, I didn't think she could impress me or get me obsessed with her anymore. But then Bloodlines came along and I was pleasantly surprised. Seriously,  Bloodlines is one of my favourite series of ALL TIME!



Author: Cassandra Clare
No. of Books Read: 10
Examples: The Mortal Instruments (6 books), The Infernal Devices (3 books), The Bane Chronicles (1 book)

It's Cassandra Clare. If you read one book, you gotta read the rest. Can't wait for The Dark Artifices.



Author: Rachel Renée Russell
No. of Books Read: 10
Examples: The Dork Diaries Series (10 Books)

Dork Diaries is such a fun, quirky series. I just finished the 9th book in the Dork Diaries series this month and I loved it! She is such a great author/artists! I definitely suggest you pick up her books sometime soon.




Author: J. K. Rowling
No. of Books Read: 7
Examples: The Harry Potter Series (7 books)

I mean, come on! If you don't know about this author or the Harry Potter series, you have been living a VERY big rock for your whole life!





Author: Rachel Hawkins
No. of Books Read: 6
Examples: The Hex Hall series (3 books), The Rebel Belle series (2 books), School Spirits (1 book).

Her writing style is amazing, her characters are always witty and funny, her plots are extremely intriguing. What more could a reader as for?




Author: Jenny Han
No. of Books Read: 5
Examples: The Summer Trilpgy (3 books), The To All The Boys I've Loved Before Duology (2 books)

Her books are just so good! I've loved everything I've read by her. I plan to read the Burn for Burn trilogy VERY soon.





Author: Kiera Cass
No. of Books Read: 4
Examples: The Selection series (4 books)

She is a recent obsession of mine. The Selection series are my favourite books of the year! I love her writing, and her characters give me all the feels! (Ahem, does anyone remember me raving about Maxon in my reviews?)




Who are your most read authors? 
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. So wild how most of these authors could've been on my list, especially if I had stuck to more recent times. However, over my lifetime, my TTT is sort of lopsided in favor of more prolific writers rather than especial brilliant authors who might write less. This was a hard top ten for me to figure out just how to decide how to qualify why certain authors made it on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess "most read authors" mean different things to everyone. I just added authors whom I've read most of.

      Delete
    2. More like which to pick since I have so many series with ridiculous amounts that I didn't think it would be fair to include them and yet, some of those authors I reread. So I tried to not include authors where I have read a lot of their work but really don't care to revisit those books. And that's where things became complicated. :)

      Delete
    3. Ah, i understand now. You don't want to list a bunch of random authors you've read a lot of but you wanted to list books you've actually enjoyed. With me, if I read a lot of their books, I love their books so it kind of works out.

      Delete
  2. Great choices and some awesome books you've been reading!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you have read so many Enid Blyton books! I only discovered her when I was forty! Crazy.

    Here's my Top Ten Authors I've Read the Most. Love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I discovered her when I was 8. She was my life! i only wish I had more books to read by her. Thanks, and I'll stop by your post :D

      Delete
  4. Great list! I still need to read the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. I loved the Vampire Academy series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES you need to get on reading the Bloodlines series. If you liked the Vampire Academy series, boy are you in for a ride! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I really need to read more Meg Cabot :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enid Blyton was my favourite too.. and then JKRowling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another Enid Blyton fan! Are you Indian, by any chance?

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D