Monthly

August 2015 Wrap-Up - Blogging, Stacking the Shelves, ARC August Week 4

September 01, 2015

Hey guys! I'm here to do my Monthly Wrap up for August 2015. This is just going to be my general wrap-up for the month. I've decided to start doing this at the end of every month.
Blogging:
I am so disappointed in myself this month. 25 of my posts this month were promotional posts. Book Blitzes, cover reveals, release events and blog tours. Over  half of my posts this months were promotional posts. I never planned to get so caught up in book promotions. In July, I discovered blog tour hosting sites and I basically signed up for a lot of things. I am going to stop getting out of control and actually write my own posts in September. Brace yourselves people!

Stacking the Shelves:
I got quite a few books in August. I didn't do one for July because I had to ship my books back home. That will be coming soon when I get back home though. I got 12 books in August.



 1. All American Girl by Meg Cabot
2. All American Girl - Ready or Not by Meg Cabot
I really want to read more Meg Cabot books. I found these two for really cheap so I decided I could start with this.

3. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
My aunt brought this book for me so thank you aunt! I have started it already and it is so interesting!
4. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
I've liked most of the Sarah Dessen books I've read and I would like to read more.
5. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
I loved the Throne of Glass series by her and everyone has been RAVING about this book.
6. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
I have read and loved this book already. <3
7. Teen Idol by Meg Cabot
Same thing as All American Girl. Meg Cabot.

8. Drama Queen by Rachel Renée Russell
I love this whole series! So good!
9. Dorothy Must Die &
10. The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige
I loved Dorothy Must Die and I cannot wait to read book 2!
11. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols
I read and reviewed this book already.
12. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
This was the Booksplosion book of the month for August. If you saw my goodreads status updates, I used a whole pack of sticky notes on this book. Loved it!

ARC August, Final Update:

Week 1 ARC Count: 4
Week 2 ARC Count: 4
Week 3 ARC Count: 4
Week 4 ARC Count: 

Updated List of ARCs:
1. The Sister Pact by Stacie Ramey
2. Corner of Ocean and Bay by Gina Azzi
3. Lumière by Jacqueline Garlick
4. H.A.L.F - The Deep Beneath by Natalie Wright
5. Connected by Kat Stiles
6. The Lemorian Crest by Hannah L. Clark
7. Hawthorn by Amos Cassidy as Jamie Cassidy
8. Lucid by Jay Bonansinga 
9. Tales of Blood and Sulphur by J.G Clay
10. Life at the Speed of Us by Heather Sappenfield
11. Everleam by J.D.W
12. Mist on Water by Shea Berkley
13. Lost Princess by Dani-Lyn Alexander
14. The New Wild by Holly Brasher
15. Accidental Butterfly by Marisa Cleveland
16. The Black Swan Company by Luna DeMasi
17. Cage of Deceit by Jennifer Anne Davis
18. The Revleation of Gabriel Adams
19. The Salvation of Gabriel Adams
20: Uncovering Cobbogoth by Hannah L. Clark
21. Wildfire by J.D.W

Number of ARCs on list: 21
Number of ARCs read: 18
Number of ARCs TBR: 3

I have reviewed the following books:
12. The Revelation of Gabriel Adams
13. The Salvation of Gabriel Adams

Books yet to be reviewed:
1. H.A.L.F - The Deep Beneath by Natalie Wright - This review is for a Blog Tour on September 2nd
2. Wildfire by J.D.W
4. The Black Swan Company - My review post was cancelled for this blog tour so I will not be reviewing it. 
5. Cage of Deceit by Jennifer Anne Davis - This review is for a Blog Tour on October 1st

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Awesome job with your ARC August goals! Looks like you have even written up quite a few blog posts as well. It's nice to have this experience where all of the hard work pays off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, it's glad to see that hard work does pay off. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on completing so many books! I need to calm myself down when it comes to requesting ARCs as well. :) However, it feels so good to get those reviews up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't request a lot of ARCs usually, but summer just came over me. I know, when you see that beautiful title of the post on your blog.... *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Wow, you got a lot of ARCs read! Great job! I really need to read Court of Thorns and Roses. I love the Throne of Glass books as well (though I haven't read Assassin's Blade yet). It will have to wait until after I finish Queen of Shadows though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really need to read ACOTAR too, and I'm about halfway done with the Assassin's Blade. I can't wait to start Queen of Shadows!

      Delete
  4. Wow awesome job with ARC August. I feel like a slacker now haha. And looks like you got some awesome books for Stacking the Shelves this month to read in the future!

    Nicole @ Boundless Bookaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but do not feel like a slacker. Even getting one book off you TBR ARC shelf is an incredible self-accomplishment. Yeah, a few more books to add to my huge TBR pile *sigh* It's time for a book buying ban.

      Delete
  5. You tacked a lot of ARCs, that's amazing. I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job with ARCAugust :) And you got a ton of great books too! Keep up the great job, Rekha!

    Rhea @ Rhea's Neon Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am excited about all the new options I have. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great job reading that many ARCs! *celebratory dance* I hear you completely about the blog tours/promotions. When I first started blogging I signed up for too many too. I think it's like a blogger hazing ritual. You just have to go through that phase until you become more selective about what books/authors you are going to focus on promoting.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, it is so freaking addicting! I am so happy my phase only last like a month. Woot!

      Delete
  8. Bluehost is ultimately the best hosting company for any hosting plans you require.

    ReplyDelete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D