Monthly

I actually didn't get sucked into the black hole called school | What I read in September 2015

October 10, 2015

Hey guys! Today, I'll be sharing with you what I read during the month of September. I read 6 books. You guys are probably like "WOAH! 6 ONLY? BUT YOU READ LIKE 70 BOOKS DURING THE PAST THREE MONTHS! Well, that was during the summer holidays. Now its high school. *sigh* Also, I didn't review any of these books. Sorry. I'm a slacker. So I'll do mini reviews here!

Stolen Songbird and Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen - Books 1 and 2 in the Malediction Trilogy.

I. Loved. Them. Oh my goodness. I didn't expect a book about trolls to be so beautiful! Tristan was perfection. Literally. I cannot wait for book two! THAT. ENDING. ★★★★★



The Shadowhunters' Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis

If you've been around here before, you know that I'm the biggest fan of the Shadowhunter world and all the characters (except the bad ones duh.) I am so ashamed that I just got to this. It was very insightful, and very informative about the shadowhunter world. Also, those little notes from Simon, Jace and Clary were hilarious!  ★★★★★



The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige - Dorothy Must Die #2

I read the first book last month and I really enjoyed it, and this one was so much better! THAT ENDING KILLED ME! Kansas produces such weird people. Again, ★★★★★

I cannot wait for book three, the Yellow Brick War. SO STOKED!





The Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz - Descendants #1

AH! She does it again! I absolutely adored the Ring and the Crown by the same author and this one was as good, if not better. I loved the idea of the children of the villains. Maleficent is my favourite villain, and Mal, her daughter, was adorably evil. I also watched the Descendants... for the 8th time.... this morning! Loved it! I read this because I had to read this before watching the movie. Movie Mal is kick-ass as well! ★★★★★



The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson - The Remnant Chronicles #2

Another series I'm caught up with now. I have to admit, this book was a huge disappointment after the Kiss of Deception. It was mostly her kissing various different guys and choosing the best one, instead of her trying to work her way through her problems. Lia was extremely annoying, and I hated everyone except Pauline in this book. I hope book 3 is better. ★★★





What did you guys read last month?
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I really want to read the Stolen Songbird, it sounds so good! The Shadowhunter Chronicles was fantastic to read too, and the Wicked Will Rise was fantastic! I intend to read Heart of Betrayal soon, but I haven't heard of The Isle of Lost, but I'm going to check it out right now! :)
    I read A Court of Thorns and Roses, The Secret Fire, Fate of Ten, and The Girl at Midnight, and World After the past month.
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good! I know, Both were absolutely amazing! I hope you enjoy the Heart of Betrayal more than I did. THE ISLE OF THE LOST IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITES!
      Ah, you got through ACOTAR, congrats! I haven't heard of any of the other ones, but the Girl at Midnight sounds amazing!

      Delete
  2. Great wrap-up, Rekha. I'm impressed that you even managed 6 books in September. My average is only about 4 so 6 sounds great to me. :) I still haven't decided if I'm going to read The Heart of Betrayal but probably not. I wasn't really blown away by The Kiss of Deception. And there are too many other books that I'm excited about to spend time I'm one that I'm not.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Thanks! If you didn't like KoD, I'm pretty sure you'll hate HoB. Yes, the TBR struggle is real! I've gotten too many books, and I'm definitely not gonna be able to achieve 0by16 :(

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D