Randomness

I loved you, and then I didn't | Series I'm Erasing from my life

October 03, 2015

So... there are a few series.... a lot of series which I started and don't want to finish. I'm deciding to let them go instead of letting them haunt me. This is kind of a post for me rather than a post for you guys. So, in no particular order....

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I really, really enjoyed the Hunger Games but I couldn't get past page 13 of Catching Fire. I have tried so many times. I already know what happens since somebody spoiled me. I have not watched the movies and I know that I never will because I hate watching the movie without reading the book. This is probably the only series on my list that I just might pick up again someday. Maybe... just maybe..




2. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

I got to page 207 and then realised the only thing Cassie (or whatever her name was) said was "I am the last person alive on earth!" and the guy (I can't be bothered to recall the name) had no character whatsoever. Cassie just really annoyed me. I couldn't stand how she kept on saying "I am the last human on Earth." Around page 300 I just gave up.




3. The Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks

I just didn't see the point in this book. It was more a romance than a book about mermaids. I have read quite a few mermaid/siren books now, and I know that I'm not a fan. To be honest, I just read this book mostly because of the cover.






4. The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima

I actually quite enjoyed this book, but for some reason, I have no interest in continuing this series whatsoever.... Sorry series.







5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

I read Panic and Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver and I really enjoyed them but this one... meh. I really didn't like that it was all about love. I am not a fan of love or romance in most cases, so you can see why I hated it. 

I cannot go through two more books of this. 





6. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

This is like the Heir Chronicles, I enjoyed the books. I still remember reading this series, though it was about a year and a half ago. I got halfway through book three and then I put it down to read a book I got in the mail and I never picked it up again, I never will.





7. The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan

I just don't remember anything, and I really don't want to reread book 1 so I will not be continuing on with this series. 








8. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner

I read all the books (was it 9 or 19?) in the original series but I cannot read the 120 books in the continuation. I liked them when I read the but they are really childish and I will not read 120 of Dora-the-explorer like books.






9. The Fairyland series by Catherynne M. Valente

I really wanted to like this book, but I really didn't, so I won't be reading the rest of it. 








10. Luxe by Anna Godberson

Book one was great. Book 2 was book one but more boring and longer. So, I don't want to find out if the trend continues in book 2. 







11. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi 

Juliet was annoying, Warner was the biggest jerk in the world, Adam was stupid. I hate love triangles. I did not love this book.








The next few ones don't really have an explanation, I just don't feel like continuing them.


Do you have any series you don't want to complete?
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D