Review

Queen of Tomorrow by Sherry D. Ficklin - Partly Spoiler Review | Where is the sequel and why is it not in my hands?

December 27, 2015

Title: Queen of Tomorrow
Author: Sherry D. Ficklin
Series: Stolen Empire #2
Genre: YA Historical Fiction
Publication Date: July 14th 2015
Format Read: Paperback
Publisher: Clean Teen Publishing
Rating: ★★★★★
Synopsis of Book 1:
Before she can become the greatest empress in history, fifteen-year-old Sophie will have to survive her social-climbing mother’s quest to put her on the throne of Russia—at any cost.
Imperial Court holds dangers like nothing Sophie has ever faced before. In the heart of St. Petersburg, surviving means navigating the political, romantic, and religious demands of the bitter Empress Elizabeth and her handsome, but sadistic nephew, Peter. Determined to save her impoverished family—and herself—Sophie vows to do whatever is necessary to thrive in her new surroundings. But an attempt on her life and an unexpected attraction threatens to derail her plans.
Alone in a new and dangerous world, learning who to trust and who to charm may mean the difference between becoming queen and being sent home in shame to marry her lecherous uncle. With traitors and murderers lurking around every corner, her very life hangs in the balance. Betrothed to one man but falling in love with another, Sophie will need to decide how much she’s willing to sacrifice in order to become the empress she is destined to be.

I read book 1 during August 2014 and I loved it. Here is a review on my old, stupid, badly designed blog. I don't advise you visit.

**REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOK 1 and 2**

So, Sophie. She has changed a LOT since book one. She used to be a sweet, innocent little girl. Now, she has a darker, more evil side of her. She wants revenge, and it just makes her a more devious character. But she's still all the things she was before: Strong, Brave and Polite. I mean, sure, she was crushing on every single guy in the world and sure, it seemed like she dated a certain someone just because she shouldn't and well... she was fine. A bit annoying due to her feelings... yeah. 

Sergei, I mean, he was great. He was kind, strong, noble, charming, a sweetheart and Sophie doesn't deserve him because she's too... not me. But I felt like he was kind of weak in this book. He was agreeing to every single thing Sophie said and he was also following the empress' orders. Nevertheless, he was extremely helpful and he was a really fun character to read about. 

Oh my goodness, that Empress. I swear. I would have killed her any moment of the book if I could have. That B**CH was so freaking annoying, toying with Sophie and her feelings, shagging every guy at the palace, trying to treat Sergei as if he were her property.... words cannot describe the hatred I feel for that woman.. if you can even call her that.

Peter should have died. I mean, he is just like his aunt, treating Sophie like an inanimate trash can, abusing her one moment and being "kind" and "loving" to her the next. He doesn't deserve love. I honestly feel sorry for anyone that knows him. He was hooking up with Elizavetta while telling Sophie she was a brat for trying to run away with Alexander. He was kissing her in front of everyone at the dinner table, while his WIFE was sitting across from him. I seriously hope that the jerk suffers a violent, slow, painful death.... With lots of blood. Then the whole country can celebrate by collecting all that blood, poisoning it and then feeding it to Elizavetta. I know, I am cruel.

Speaking of Elizavetta, U.G.H. She acted as if Peter was hers, that she "loved" him while everyone knows she is incapable of human emotion. I was so incredibly happy when she was shunned. I happy-cried. I can't believe the nerve of her, acting so rude, bratty and prissy to Sophie, pretending that SHE was the bad guy.  Someone please shoot her in the head right now.

Sophie was also pretty stupid and bratty at times. I mean, when Alexander returned, she was all "How dare you try and kiss me?" Yeah, totally. It's not like you risked both of your lives trying to run away from a marriage and an evil queen. It's not like he has to suffer a constant death threat because of her idea to run away. It's totally HIS fault. Isn't it a miracle how things change so quickly? One minute, she is absolutely in LOVE with Alexander and the next, she's falling for Sergei and treats Alexander like trash.

I mean, it's not like Alexander is that great either. He has a great wife, Rina, who was totally shunned and ignored by everyone in this book by the ways, and he betrays this wife and tries to go back to his old "love" who has CLEARLY moved on as she is dancing with someone else. 

Regardless of all that I have said, the hate, scandal and frustration just made me love the book more. I definitely recommend this series to all Historical Fiction, Fantasy or Romance lovers. Tell me your thoughts if you've read the book!
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D