All things bookish I did this year | Annual Bookish Survey 2015

January 01, 2016

Number Of Books You Read: 174
Number of Re-Reads: 7
Genre You Read The Most From: YA Fantasy

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
There were lots, But I'm going to give it to Everealm by J.D.W. 
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski. Not a good sequel.
 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2015? 
Sky Hawk by Gill Lewis. I had to read it for school and I didn't expect it to be good but it was a 5 star book in the end.

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read In 2015?
Again, I am going to say Everealm by J.D.W.  But nobody did. :(
 5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best Series Starter: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. God, there is no release date for book 2. 
Best Sequel: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
Best Series Ender: Champion by Marie Lu. Although it killed me. 

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
 J.D.W. SHE IS SO GOOD! I'll be mentioning her a lot in this tag.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
 I read Eon by Alison Goodman which is High Fantasy and not in my comfort zone.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
 Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton. It was about a ballet school wit lots of drama.

 9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
MAGNUS CHASE AND THE SWORD OF SUMMER BY RICK RIORDAN. I have already re-read this 6 times. It is really good.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Audrey from Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. So adorable. 

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer. Definitely one of my favourites!

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
I think probably the Incarnate trilogy by Jodi Meadows. Really makes you question the Human Race.

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. It was so cute and fluffy and I loved it! 
 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
I honestly don't remember quotes and stuff. Sorry.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

How I did this: Went to my Goodreads and there was a thing called "My 2015 in Books" and I clicked on it. 
 17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)

BROWAN or SIDAGAN from Everealm by J.D.W. 

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
 Cris and Ana from Incarnate trilogy by Jodi Meadows.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot. <3
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Twelve Minutes to Midnight by Christopher Edge. It was good. I had to read it for school.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Raffe (or Raphael) from Angelfall by Susan Ee.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Magnus Chase, Rick Riordan man.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
I didn't just cry. I poured my heart, lungs, kidneys and livers out. WHY WHY WHY?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson. I didn't like it, but I might still continue with the series.

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015? 
Girl Plus Books or  My Little Corner for Books (for which I am a guest blogger *wink* *wink*

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015? 
My review for Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas or The Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot. I poured my heart and soul into those!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
 This was not on my blog, but on My Little Corner for Books I did posts about the Book Mourning Period and Romance in YA which I am really proud of.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Oooh I participated in the Crazy for Summer Readathon hosted by Max and Tess and "Crazy for YA"

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
 I managed to do a 150 posts although I only started blogging in June so I'm pretty proud of that.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I WENT TO BARNES AND NOBLE FOR THE FIRST TIME! (Does that count?)

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
 I didn't really set myself many goals.

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
 THERE ARE TOO MANY! I did TWO whole posts about this:
Part 1
Part 2

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
 Again, too many :)

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
 The Crown by Kiera Cass. I need it. NOW.

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
 I want to do at least 8 posts a month next year. *fingers crossed* 

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Blood Moon by  J.D.W! You also have to read the rest of the series :)

What are your answers?
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am so impressed with how many books you read in 2015! Wow, way to go, Rekha! I can't believe I haven't read Angelfall yet. Need to do that soon. Thanks *so* much for the mention as one of your favorite blogs! That was such a nice surprise to read. {big hugs to you} Can't wait to see what you think of a Court of Thorns and Roses!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty surprised about how much I managed to read as well! YOU NEED TO READ ANGELFALL ASAP!!! Awww, no problem <3!! I'm excited myself to see what I think of ACOTAR! Happy New Year :D

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D