Bout of Books 15.0 - Mid-Week Update and Days 1-4 Challenges!

January 08, 2016

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 15 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

So, I was planning on doing daily updates but I didn't really have a lot of time since school started the day the readathon stared. So.... here we go - all the updates! 
________________________________________________________________________
Day 1:
I finished the White Rose by Amy Ewing, Book 2 in the Jewel series. This was definitely one of those rare second books that I actually enjoyed! The story was great, the characters were great and my review is scheduled for next week.
I read the whole book on the first day. 

Books Completed: 1
Pages Read: 320
________________________________________________________________________

Day 2:
I started Pennyroyal Academy by M.A Larson on day 2. I got through about 56 pages before I put it down and went to bed. I enjoyed the first chunk very much.


Books Completed: 1
Pages Read: 376

Day 2 Would You Rather Challenge:
Would you rather: Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?
Definitely the dog-ear person. I would rather have a few pages bruised that have it permanently cheesed for life!

Would you rather: Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?
Character! I mean, I have already met Percy many times in my dreams but we need to arrange a real-life meet.

Would you rather: Never be allowed in a book store again or never be allowed in a library again?
Book-store. I don't have a library or a bookstore anywhere near me. I have to go to the next country to get a decent book! Plus, going to the library is like book shopping except you don't get to keep the book, which is totally fine with me. Besides, I never buy anything at bookstores anyways because it's always too expensive.

Would you rather: Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?
Honestly, I'd rather have them die. The feeling when a character dies is strong, but the ache in your heart when a ship breaks up is even worse.

Would you rather: Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?
Twilight. At least I can get through twilight. I found it really, really, really hard to get through The Scarlet Letter, so I'd be in a reading slump all year if I chose it.
________________________________________________________________________
Day 3:

I finished Pennyroyal Academy! I read the remaining 264 pages and I loved it. Absolutely adored it! I am still in the progress of writing the review.

Books Completed: 2
Pages Read: 640

Day 3 Rainbow Book Cover Challenge:

So, I am not going to do the author challenge, but I will do the cover challenge.

________________________________________________________________________
Day 4:
I started reading Alanna, the First Adventure by Tamora Pierce. Only got through about 20 pages before I called it a day and went to bed. 

Books Completed: 2
Pages Read: 660

Day 4 Character Fight Challenge:

I know we are supposed to do villains but I couldn't find any that I would like to see fight so I just did normal characters.


I know this is impossible due to... reasons. But I still would love to see a fight between these two. Think about it. Albus Dumbledore vs Magnus Bane. It even sounds like a majestic battle. We have a 150 year old wizards vs an 800 year old warlock. It seems unfair but Dumbledore just seems really powerful, right? Magnus does too! Also, I'd love to see how Dumbledore handles Magnus' attittude. Oh, god, I need this! Cassie, Ms. Rowling, anyone hear me? 
________________________________________________________________________

I will be back soon with my day 5 update! I hope you liked my answers to the challenges. What are yours?
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. OMG! Dumbledore vs. Magnus would be a great spectacle! I would love to watch this battle whether it be verbal or physical...
    The Lone City series sound really good. I would have to check it out!!!

    Great progress! Keep on reading and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! I really hope we have a chance to read that someday. You definitely should, they're very interesting. Thanks, and no problem!

      Delete
  2. I'm team Dumbledore! ;)
    You are doing great so far! Keep it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't know what team I'm on yet... I just can't decide. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you. I read a lot of ebooks as well, but I do own a lot of physical books - enough to do a rainbow bookshelf. Yeah, most of the books I own are red and blue as well... odd...

      Delete
  4. Lol I like how you changed the villain mash up to a character one instead. I haven't read any of Clare's books to understand the comparison but I bet it's a good one. For me, I would like to see Dumbledore and Gandalf fight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I couldn't find any villains. You need to read Cassandra Clare, like ASAP! You're missing our on Magnus Bane! And Jace and Will and Jem!

      Delete
  5. You are doing so well I love Alanna such a good series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know! I am really loving the series so far <3

      Delete
  6. Looks like you did a GREAT job with Bout of Books! I LOVE your mashup! That sounds so interesting. I admit that I have never read Harry Potter though. Oops? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! OMG YOU HAVE TO READ HARRY POTTER ASAP!

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D