Mini Reviews - The White Rose, Alanna: Song of the Lioness Book 1

February 28, 2016



Title: The White Rose (The Lone City #2)
Author: Amy Ewing
Rating: ★★★★★
This was one of those rare-gem second books. I actually liked it! I loved Violet's character and her story with her magic and her extra powers.  Her relationship with Ash was So. Annoying. It's the only thing I didn't like about the book. Ash was annoying, a liar, a jerk and I actually felt sorry for Carnelian. He deceived her and then he got a girl he wanted who just fell for it. I kind of hoped she and garnet would end up together because... well... why not? He's much better than that, and he actually helped. Lucien was very shady in this book, and I still don't completely trust him. He just feels very.... fake. Raven, my favourite character, was a psycho in this book. She was just.. crazy. I'm glad she is bette now. I loved the scenes when Raven and Violet took the newcomers to the "place" where they find their magic. It was very interesting to see how the different people reacted. Overall, a very good sequel. I hope the conclusion is as good.
Title: Alanna: The First Adventure
Author: Tamora Pierce
Rating: ★★★★★
This was an amazing book! I loved how confident Alanna was about pulling off disguising as a girl for... EIGHT YEARS! I loved her personality and her friendliness, and I loved that she didn't just fall in love with all the boys at the training place like a lot of other YA protagonists would have.

I loved all the people at the training center: Gary, Alex, Julian, George, OMG GEORGE! he was my favourite, and Coram was sweet as well. I liked that she wasn't just perfect at everything as soon as she started training but she became better as time went on.

Overall, it was a great fantasy novel with an interesting plot and very, very lovable characters

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D