Randomness

MAGNUS CHASE #2 HAS A COVER!

May 03, 2016

The Hammer of Thor, the sequel to Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, now has a COVER! And the big reveal.... *drumroll*..... (this isn't actually an official cover reveal I just checked Goodreads and the cover was there)


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Honestly, I have no idea what's going on here. I'm guessing the two people in the background are gods, one of them being Thor. The guy on the front does NOT look like Magnus, or at least not how I pictured him. So I'm going to pretend he isn't Magnus, although it probably is since... well.. the sword and who else would be on the cover except the main character? Apparently, "Magnus" is climbing a mountain or cold natural structures of some sort to get to something and that thing is the hammer? The thing in the background does NOT look like a Hammer but hey! The world of mythology is full of unexpected things.

Overall, I give the cover an A or a 93%. Definitely liked the first cover better because there were no conspicuous weird faces (at least I didn't think the face on book 1 was that weird.. though it was probably the same weird face), but it's beautiful and probably perfectly represents the book, knowing Uncle Rick. I love the green-yellow gradient colour scheme - possibly more than the purple-pink of The Sword of Summer. Also, I love how they put the "II" in kind of a weird version of the Roman numerals, firstly because they've actually indicated that it's the second book and secondly because it's funny, as some characters from HoO were from the Roman mythology world. Wait a minute.. does this mean we might meet some of our Roman demigods??? MAYBE! I can't wait!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. WHOA! I completely had no idea they revealed the cover already! Thank you so much for sharing :D
    You're right, the faces look a little strange on the covers. Hmm... I'm hoping that Reyna from HoO will make an appearance in this book, since it was said that she wouldn't fall in love with a half-blood, and Magnus technically isn't one ;D
    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I had no idea too, I found it merely by coincidence. Oh my god I didn't even think about Reyna but it would be so awesome if she did! But then what if Samirah, Magnus and Renya get in a love triangle... far fetched possibility but I don't want it to happen. The faces are really weird...

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D