Top Ten Tuesday

Love at first sight might be a lie but Read at first sight isn't | Top Ten Tuesday

May 17, 2016

Hello everybody! It's been ages since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday and I thought this week's topic sounded interesting. So... Here are 10 books I picked up on a whim! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.





I randomly picked up this book one day because one of my friends had it and I didn't have anything else to read but I ended up loving it! It was one of my favourite books of that year.



I saw this on Netgalley one day and the synopsis intrigued me. I requested it, got accepted and read it in one sitting during Bout of Books 11 and absolutely loved it!







This is one I signed up for a Blog Tour of  because honestly, the cover intrigued me. I read it in one sitting and it's now one of my favourite books of all time. Can't wait for the conclusion to the series. 





This is another random Netgalley request. I was bored and in the mood for a contemporary and I got accepted a few minutes after I requested it. Read it in a couple of sittings and really enjoyed it. 



I picked this book up at the store because it was only 200 Rupees ($3) and the synopsis sounded interesting. I then found out it was the Booksplosion BotM and I read it with them. It was beautifully written and is one of my favourites to this day.





I got this book from my English teacher one day and finished reading it that evening. It was the first Lauren Oliver book I read and I very much enjoyed the characters and story. I've read a few of her other books since then, but this one remains my favourite.




I randomly spotted this in a library and I felt like reading a contemporary so I checked it out and read it. It wasn't anything special, just your average enjoyable contemporary.




Again, I saw this at a bookstore and it was incredibly cheap. I only had a small amount of money to spend so I tried to fit as many books in as I could and this sounded interesting. I loved this book and its sequel. I still need to read the conclusion though...



I was in one of the family houses and I finished the book I'd brought with me. My aunt had this book so I just randomly picked it up (her suggestion.) It was an incredible, diverse, eye-opening book. No wonder it has won so many awards. I definitely recommend  it.



The cover of this book really drew me in and I'd never heard of it before so I randomly brought it when I spotted it at a bookstore. It was a pretty great fantasy read. I can't wait for the sequel (comes out next month!)



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I also picked up "Leisl and Po" on a whim! Mostly because of the gorgeous cover! "Everrealm" looks fantastic! I loved how "Night Circus" looked but the book wasn't my 100% favorite, though the ideas were great!

    Lovely list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Liesl and Po is BEAUTIFUL! Everealm is definitely fantastic, and amazingly interesting with great characters and... yeah It's really great you should definitely read it. I felt like the Night Circus was a bit slow but I loved the story overall. Thanks, and I'll definitely check out your post!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Corner of Ocean and Bay, but it sounds like just the type of book I like. I'm putting it on my TBR. Thanks for stopping by my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like insightful contemporaries, it's definitely something you should check out. No problem, and thanks for stopping by mine!

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D