Randomness

Don't Kill me, I think differently | Unpopular Opinions

May 02, 2016

I am here to share my unpopular bookish opinions with you guys... please don't kill me! Yeah yeah, I know, I wasn't tagged but who even cares anymore? The original creator is TheBookArcher 
1. A popular book or series that you didn't like.

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I just could not get through the book. It was very boring. I might try again during some point in the future but... don't count on it.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.

I don't really have an answer for this one. I guess I like the Ring and the Crown more than a lot of people seem to, but there's nothing I adore that everyone else seems to hate.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don't like. (SPOILERS)

A love triangle I didn't like the ending of was the Hunger Games. I am sorry to all those bread-eaters out there, but I was rooting for Gale. An OTP I don't like is Jason and Piper from The Heroes of Olympus, because they are just so. annoying - both individually and as a couple.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. 

I guess I don't reach for the "Classics" genre that much. I just don't feel like reading them very often. I also don't read much Historical Fiction.

5.A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

There are so many. The main one is Warner from Shatter Me. He was the sole reason I gave up on that series. I just couldn't cope with that whole "bad-guy-who-is-hard-to-understand" crap again.

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into. 

I'd have to go with Holly Black. I started reading several of her books but could not bring myself to continue. 

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing.

Again, there are so many. I hate the aforementioned "bad-guy-who-is-hard-to-understand" but my main pet peeve is the "all-I-can-think-about-is-him" crap. I just... you're about to DIE and you're wondering if he thinks you're hot. You need to get your priorities straight.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

I have no interest in reading the Chronicles of Narnia because I've seen the movies and I don't want to  start comparing the two.

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?

Pretty Little Liars. Those books were an immense pain to endure and I was foolish enough to do so with 10 books. Never again. The TV show, however, is one of my favourites.

So that was it! If you wish to murder me, you may virtually do so in the comments. 
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D