Book Haul

Blame Half Price Books, not my lack of self control | Stacking the Shelves (Library Haul Included)

June 26, 2016

So.... I went to Half Price Books. I went last summer and got 7 books, this time I got more! I also went to the library because FREE BOOKS (for rent.) Yay books!


Brought:

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

I love what I've read so far of the Mistborn series and I'm excited to dive into his YA trilogy. The  plot sounds amazing, I'm sure it'll be as epic as the Mistborn series, if not more.
Across the Universe by Beth Revis

I was almost going to get the old beautiful hardcover but this was dirt cheap. I've not read much in space so this should be interesting..
The Young Elites by Marie Lu

The Legend Trilogy was insanely epic and that ending broke my heart. I hope to get that feeling back in her newest trilogy.
H20 by Virginia Bergin

I honestly picked this up because of the cover. The acid spots are actually holes and the underneath words are in a cool shape. 




Gone by Michael Grant

The teenagers are left alone when the adults disappear. Sounds very interesting. I'm a bit worried though since I've heard mixed reviews.


The Mysterious Benedict Society (Book 1) by Trenton Lee Stewart

I haven't read a lot of middle grade lately and this sounds like the kind of books which got me into reading.
The Mysterious Benedict 
Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart

This is a sequel to the Mysterious Benedict society. These books sounds really quirky and interesting.



The Mysterious Benedict 
Society and the Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart

This is the sequel to the Mysterious Benedict Society. Isn't the cover gorgeous? 


The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

I borrowed this from the library last summer but I didn't get a chance to read it. It sounds and looks great.


Borrowed



Flawed by Cecelia Ahern

I am currently reading this and I am enjoying it very much so far. I haven't read a good dystopian in a while but this might be the book to break that streak.

Legacy of Kings by 
Eleanor Herman

This is the one book I have yet to read from this pile. I am so pumped! This sounds like a scandalous read about royalty. Could I ask for more?
Tiny Pretty Things by 
Sona and Dhonielle

I read this last summer and adored it! I want to re-read this in preparation for the sequel. It's a drama about a competitive ballet school.
Ruined by Amy Tintera

I read and absolutely loved this book! It was the perfect mix of royalty, deception, scandal and romance. One of  my new favourites for sure.




How It Ends by Catherine Lo

I read this and enjoyed it very much. It was a great contemporary read which explores the fireship cycle of teenagers. A very fast read.


Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins

This is the conclusion to the Rebel Belle trilogy. It was a pretty satisfying conclusion but was predictable at certain points. I did enjoy it.



That's all the books I've somehow accumulated! Have you gotten any of these books? Have you read any of them? Are you interested by any of them? Let's chat down in the comments!
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I recently read Gone by Michael Grant, and it's fantastic, although rather gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love gruesomeness and violence for some reason, so I hope I share your thoughts on the book. Thanks for the info!

      Delete
  2. I've read Myterious Benedict Society but I didn't enjoy it :( I think it was kinda boring? I wanted to re-read it though to see if my opinion has changed. The Sin's Eater Daughter and Tiny Pretty Things are on my tbr! I wish I could read them soon.

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's too bad. I hope you enjoy the possible re-read though. I absolutely loves Tiny Pretty Things and its sequel. Such good books. Shows us how competition can bring out the ugly side in everyone. I have yet to read the Sin Eater's Daughter. Hope we both enjoy it!

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D