Information

All the new books I have to, have to, HAVE to read! | June 2016 Releases

June 04, 2016

There are a lot of new book releases this month which I want to highlight. So, in no particular order and randomly selected from the 500 releases I wanted to talk about, here are 12 new releases I am very excited for!
BTW: My little impromptu super short synopses are just what I gather from the official synopses, and are probably really inaccurate so don't quote me on those.



June 28th - High Fantasy
A mythical God falls to a human blade and the balance between making and God is destroyed. Chaos and annihilation ensues. 


June 7th - YA Fantasy
A crown Prince, his betrothed and his friends are stranded in a Modern Day L.A Through a magical portal. Confusion and bewilderment ensues.


June 21st - YA Fantasy
Girl who doesn't believe in fairy tales meets "Peter Pan" who reveals secrets about her life that her family has hidden from her. Peter-Pan re-telling. 



June 14th - YA Contemporary
Girl who has anxiety about her appearance and wants to be a ballerina is sent to a treatment camp. She struggles to comfort her issues until she meets an athlete who helps her.

June 14th - YA Contemporary
Girl has to find the history of her birth mother, who died during labour, for photography projects. Meets cute guy while searching who helps her with the project.




June 28th - Fantasy
Princess is abandoned by her family and wants to destroy an empire. She meets a guy who is the son of a sultan who turns out to be the heir to that very empire, which has adopted her into their home.




June 15th - Historical Fiction
In a time where Japan has been at war for ages, a girl is whisked away into a mysterious training school for Kunoichi's, who appear to be female warriors.
(Review here)

June 7th - YA Mystery
Girl wakes up in a hospital room, leg in a cast, stitches in her face and a big blank canvas where the last 6 weeks should be. Apparently, she was in an accident, but the rest is a mystery.


June 7th - Middle Grade
It about the shifting bonds of friendship and the unconditional love of family, the impact of racial divides on a neighborhood and a city and a girl awakening to a world bigger and more complex than she’d ever imagined.

June 14th - YA Mystery
A girl wakes up one day and finds that her life has completely changed. She's outgoing, popular and happy, the complete opposite of what she was before. 

June 7th - Contemporary
A girl's dying grandmother books a "Dying with Dignity" cruise for the whole family, wanting to die in her own unconventional ways. Girl meets people on the ship and has the time of her life.

June 28th - Fantasy
A girl has the magical ability to infuse treats with emotions and abilities that can be passed on to the eaters. She is then kidnapped by people who wish to exploit this ability.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Thanks so much for including "Every Single Second" on this diverse and exciting list of books! Happy summer and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I am very excited to read your book. Thank you, and Happy Summer and Reading to you too!

      Delete
  2. So many books here I'm super excited for too! I have And I Darken and it's really good so far. Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet was interesting but I didn't love it like I did her previous books. How It Feels to Fly has such a pretty cover I want it for my bookshelf nowww!
    Love your little synopses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME! I am really interested in And I Darken because I've read a couple books by the author which were completely different. I've never heard of the author of Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet before but her book sounds really unique. It's interesting how we can complete hate one book by an author but love another. I knoooowwwwww, "How it Feels to Fly" is GORGEOUS!!! SUmmer-y contemporaries usually tend to be <3. Thanks, I couldn't fit the actual synopses in without ruining the layout so I just improvised.

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D