Potterhead July

How Magic Helps Build Up Our Imaginations | Potterhead July 2016

July 17, 2016

​Hello everybody! I am very excited to be a part of this year's Potterhead July, hosted by the lovely Aentee @ Read At Midnight. She has brought a bunch of people together to create a whooping 85 posts to appreciate Harry Potter before the release of The Cursed Child.Today, I decided to put together a bunch of ways Magic has helped build up our imaginations.



  • It opens up your mind

If you are willing to believe in magic, something that seems so out of this world and impossible, you will definitely be willing to open your mind up to a wide range of other things that seem like huge stretches to accomplish. That's creativity for you, folks. Being able to think of and believe in basically anything, no matter how hard or how unreal it may seem.

  • You are part of something which is practically unknown

Magic is a huge, huge blank canvas that you can splatter many different paints on. You can make it into anything and it would work. It's like the biggest ball of rainbow play-dough in the whole world. You can mould it into anything, make it in any colour, and squish it back into a ball and re-shape it when you're unhappy with it. This gives your mind the chance to explore all those endless possibilities and allows it to be as creative as it can be to bring out the magic in itself (ha ha).

  • It excites you

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I think of world with magic, I think about a world where I wield a ginormously huge amount of power over my life, where I hold the ability to do anything with a sprinkle of the secret ingredient, where I can touch the sky and fly up high with no limitations. This excites me a lot, and in my experience, my mind is a lot more creative when it's pumped about something. Things like magic boost up your enthusiasm levels, transferring all that positivity and buzz to your mind, which jumps around with its hands in the air like it just does not care, goes bonkers, and comes up with the craziest and most innovative things. 

  • It helps you look at things differently

When you immerse yourself in the possibility of magic, it changes the way you look at the world. After reading or watching about magic, I always think of possibilities I could do little things in my life with magic - I could run faster, I could fly to school and bypass traffic and a long, boring bus ride, etc. I feel like this gives my mind an opportunity to be imaginative about usually boring things. It increases my minds ability to rain spirit and animation to any old mundane element.

Those are the ways I think magic helps build up imaginations most. What other ways do you think contribute? Do you agree with choices? What do you like most about magic? Why do you like magic? Leave a comment down below and let me know!

HAPPY POTTERED JULY! 
-Rekha

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I agree 100% with this! Magic has really opened up the mind to the impossible in the most delightful way. Magic itself is probably the main reason why I love fantasy books so much!
    Erika @ Books and Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Fantasy is the best and so is magic! It just changes a lot about us and most of us aren't even aware of it. I'm glad you agree :)

      Delete
  2. Such a delightful post! I love that believing in the possibility of magic makes you look at the world differently and real creativity is only possible when you believe in what other people view as the impossible. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magic is as real to me as anything else in life and I like that. I completely agree, the impossible is usually a figment of our imagination anyway. Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  3. I definitely agree with your list. I think it also says a lot about why I love fantasy as a genre too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree. Fantasy is a lot more impactful than a lot of us realise!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I definitely think that what you said under "It excites you" has a great appeal, especially in a kid's book. For kids and teenagers, who may not always feel like they have a ton of control in their lives, are suddenly empowered to make changes more than anyone could ever imagine! I, for one, think that is really, really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's like one second you're being pushed around by everyone and the next second you're flying around on your magic broom. completely free! I completely agree with you.

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D